The Switchboard Service from Callagenix
provides you with all of the telephony functionality normally associated
with an expensive telephone switch. Instead of being based at your
site, however, the equipment is located at the Callagenix server
farm and is configured by you through an easy-to-use web interface.
This service provides a menu for your other services. For example
it might say '... Press 1 for Sales, 2 to leave a message, 3 to
hear our tip of the day..'. The caller then selects a option by
pressing a key on their telephone. Each option is actually a link
to another Callagenix service, so '1 for Sales' might be linked
to a Call Diversion service, '2 to leave a message' linked to an
Answerphone service and '3 for the Tip of Day' linked to an Information
Which services are used, how many and what they do is entirely
up to you. You can also link switchboard services together, providing
different menu levels - a great way of creating a complex system
at minimal cost.
The switchboard can operate on any
Callagenix number (freephone, local, national rate premium or regional),
depending on which style of number you wish to use. Even if you
are not based in the UK but require a presence in the UK, you can
still choose one of these numbers which would divert calls to your
normal place of business.
Like all Callagenix services, a switchboard service can be set
up and operated in a test environment free of charge. Simply click
Trial to create a test account.
To see a case study of this service in action, click
- 24-hour automatic call answering
- Switchboards can link to other services. e.g. Fax, Answerphone,
Call Divert, Information line, other Switchboard services, etc...
- Up to 10 options per switchboard menu (0 to 9).
- Fully customisable message prompts - these are created either
from recordings provided by you or can be automatically generated
- Routing of calls - Calls taken on the switchboard can be routed
to numbers of your choice. They can be set to pre-announce where
they have been diverted from so you always know the reason for
- A list of callers' numbers can optionally be created.
- Voice mail capability - If your callers cannot reach you then
they can leave voice mails which will automatically be sent to
your email address.
- Fax response - The system will automatically recognise fax
calls and route them to a fax service. This will convert the fax
to a suitable format and forward as an email to your requested
- Choice of telephone numbers.
- Full on-line call statistics.
- Text-to-speech capabilities.